Monday, August 3, 2009

McCain Gives Credit

I caught this on CNN this morning. John McCain was giving Obama credit for the turn around in the economy but holding him accountable for the debt created. First it adds credence the stimulus is working, secondly Obama has said he is concerned about the defcit but the priority is the economy. I wouldn' t be surprised if when congress returns after break or early next year we see some serious focus on the defcit (right before election season!).

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said in an interview aired Sunday that President Barack Obama, his opponent from the general election, should get "credit" for short-term improvements in the economy.



McCain told CNN's John King in an interview taped Friday for "State of the Union":

"I think you could say that it is a short-term improvement in the economy. And I'll be glad to give him credit for that. But the question that I think we should be asking are the long term consequences of this unprecedented debts and deficits — are they beneficial to the country? And I think the answer is no."



No comments:

Post a Comment